Hi, my name is Renato Boemer, and I have created this website for YOU and you only.
I have a degree in psychological and behavioural sciences from the University of Cambridge and I am charter member of the British Psychological Society (MBPsS). Also, I am an enthusiast about scientific research that can improve our health and lifespan in the short-term.
I will share everything I know to stimulate progressive discussions and create a new generation of thinkers.
Why do this?
I have decided to write about Neuroscience & Stress for three reasons:
- You will learn why particular behaviours, emotions or disorders (e.g. depression) are more likely to develop than others. All based on Neuroscience & Stress research.
- We should benefit from scientific research, but most of us do not have access to research findings. Scientists write for journals not for the general public (and that is ok!).
- I love science and well-being.
What are my goals?
This is the FIRST blog about Neuroscience & Stress in the world, and these are my goals:
- Make this website the global hub of research-based, easy to read and actionable information on neuroscience and stress.
- Radically increase both your understanding of the brain and awareness of the role stress plays in the human body.
- Create a positive impact on your mental health and lifespan as well as alleviate the lives of those suffering from neurological, psychological and stress-related disorders.
No more wishful thinking about mental health. Focus on science.
I hope you enjoy it!